At Kohls, were always looking ahead to creating the next great thing. Since 1962, our people have been our biggest asset and every great thing we do is thanks to the great people we hire.
Kohl's is currently hiring POS Associate!
Responsible for greeting customers and processing customers purchases accurately and efficiently at the point-of-sale. Maintains a neat, clean and organized register area.
- Smiles and Says Hi! Greets all customers and Associates encountered with a smile and encourages others to smile and say hi. Assists customers in a friendly courteous manner.
- Adheres to the Yes We Can policy and efficiently resolves customers questions and requests. Supports fellow Associates through Yes We Can actions and behaviors.
- Uses the 5 step GREAT program while interacting with customers: Greets Customer, Requests Credit, Explains Email, Asks to complete the Survey and Thanks the Customer.
- Solicits, opens and activates Kohls Charge applications in accordance with Company standards and motivates others to do the same.
- Additionally, solicits e-mail addresses from customers.
- Processes customers transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Maintains Company 2-in-a-line standard and calls additional cashiers as needed. Bags customers purchases carefully and thanks customers for shopping at Kohls.
- Utilizes and adheres to merchandise presentation standards in regards to the 5 Basics: replenishment, signing, sizing, clearance and clean store.
- Provides consistent communication and follow through with the E3s on any signing opportunities.
- Maintains proper funds in register and calls for change or cash pick-ups as needed.
- Follows Company policies and procedures in handling void transactions, even exchanges, over and short situations, etc.
- Opens and closes the register and counts out register drawers. Records appropriate information on the balance sheet to prevent cash losses.
- Maintains a neat, clean and organized register area. Calls for and assists with carry-outs, hanger pick-ups, trash pick-up, and other assistance as needed. Fills boxes, bags, applications and other supplies as needed.
- Utilizes appropriate size bags and other supplies in a cost-effective manner.
- Assists with department recovery, fitting room recovery, housekeeping duties, preparation and taking of inventory and stock room organization.
- Recovers and replenishes POS endcaps in accordance with merchandising directives and standards.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned. Examples include, but are not limited to, folding, stocking, hanging, ticketing or re-marking merchandise; assisting customers with even exchanges; assisting on the sales floor; greeting customers at assigned stations; assisting with recovery in departments; assisting in housekeeping duties associated with the front end; assisting in the preparation and taking of inventory; and assisting in stock room organization.
- Prior experience in retail, customer service or other work environment involving contact with the public.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis. Greater than 50 pounds = 1 Associate per 50 pounds.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of his/her working time standing or moving about register areas and around the store. Physical activities include holding a scanning gun, keying and processing register transactions; lifting and bagging merchandise; bending, stooping and reaching on a frequent bas
• Post ID: 48024256 westpalmbeach