Agency: Department of Revenue
Working Title: REV - TAX AUDITOR II - 73002843
Salary: $3,133.33 with CAD (competitive area differential) $105.73 / month
Posting Closing Date: 07/12/2017
This is an Internal Agency Advertisement
JOB SUMMARY: This position is located in General Tax Administration, West Palm Beach Service Center, Field Operations - Collections. This position will independently perform audits of taxpayers conducting business in Florida to determine tax compliance as it relates to Florida statutes. Duties include research, analysis, the review of taxpayers books and records, the preparation of detailed reports of audit results, and instructing taxpayers as to the proper reporting procedures to improve future compliance.
The Florida Department of Revenue is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and providing employment opportunities to veterans and individuals who have a disability.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Currently employed with the Florida Department of Revenue
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university;
- Successful completion of five college level courses in accounting;
- One (1) year accounting or auditing experience, with at least nine of those months performing field audits in Sales and Use, Corporate Income or Motor Fuel Tax within the General Tax Administration audit process;
- Experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel, WinFMT(Windows Florida Multi-Tax), FERAS (Florida Electronic Records Audit System), if applicable, and SAP/ACM (Statutory Audit Principles/Audit Case Management).
- Field auditing experience working in General Tax Administration (GTA) audit process can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college.
- A masters degree from an accredited college or university in accounting or business administration or possession of a Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A) certificate can substitute for one year of experience.
- Preference will be given to those applicants with Sales & Use or Corporate Income tax experience.
SCREENING DISCLAIMER: Responses to qualifying questions should be verifiable by skills and/or experiences stated on the candidate profile and/or resume.
NOTES: This position requires travel which may include overnight stays.
SKILLS VERIFICATION TEST: All applicants who meet the screening criteria/minimum job requirements will be required to take a Skills Verification Test. Applicants must receive a score of at least 70% to be considered further.
APPLICANT POOL: Future vacancies may be filled from this advertisement for a period of up to six months.
WHERE TO APPLY: All applicants must apply online at: (link removed). If you experience problems applying online, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287 for assistance.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Pamela Kruse, 954-346-2935, (e-mail removed)
- Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website at: (link removed).
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,candidates eligible for Veterans Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply.Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 57685783 westpalmbeach