Agency: Financial Services
Working Title: FINANCIAL SPECIALIST - 43004335
Salary: $43,507.20 - $81,006.83
Posting Closing Date: 07/12/2017
*****OPEN COMPETITIVE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY*****
DIVISION: OFR/CONSUMER FINANCE
CITY: WEST PALM BEACH
COUNTY: PALM BEACH
A Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college or university is required.
Preference will be given to individuals with:
- A bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, finance, economics and/or business management/administration.
- 2 (two) or more years of professional experience in accounting, examining, investigating, analyzing or auditing financial data within the banking, insurance, consumer finance lending and money service businesses.
Additional preferences will be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
Masters degree in Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited college or university; Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE); Certified Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS); and/or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
Some travel required. Occasionally overnight travel will be required.
Selected applicants will be hired at minimum salary for class: $43,507.20 + CAD (Competitive Area Differential - $1,268.76 Annual / $105.73 Monthly)
Employees of the Department of Financial Services are paid on a monthly pay cycle.
Responses to qualifying questions must be clearly supported by the state application and any omission, falsification or misrepresentation in the answering of the qualifying questions will be cause for immediate elimination from the selection process.
All applicants seeking employment with the Office of Financial Regulation (OFR) are subject to mandatory background checks conducted through the Department of Financial Service (DFS), Bureau of Human Resource Management in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 435, F.S. and reviews by OFR. Applicants may be disqualified for employment with OFR based on the information that may be obtained through research and/or OFRs review process.
Minimum Qualifications for this position include the following REQUIRED ENTRY LEVEL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of mathematics; financial accounting or auditing principles.
- Knowledge of the methods of compiling, analyzing and presenting data; monitoring techniques
- Knowledge of the techniques utilized in conducting examinations or investigations of financial services companies
- Ability to review, analyze and evaluate data; examine financial records; conduct research and prepare reports.
- Ability to understand and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures; probe and obtain critical facts; utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to recognize the validity, authenticity and propriety of accounting and operating records.
- Ability to assist in and/or coordinate training programs; work independently.
- Ability to effectively use computer hardware and software.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Utilize standard examining procedures and methods in the performance and compilation of detailed examination and complaint investigations of financial entities in all of the areas regulated by OFR. Responsible for enforcement of the statutes and regulations pertaining to Chapters 494, 516, 520, 537, 559, 560 and 687 as determined by the Bureaus case priorities or management assignments. May be assigned as the examiner-in-charge on any given case; and assist in the completion of difficult and complex examinations and complaint investigations. Researches and analyzes the information on the check cashing database (CCDB) to identify and conduct FT3 examinations.
Responsible for the timely preparation and submission of examination and complaint investigation reports, documentation, and work papers. This includestimely completion ofallREAL-related activities, such as scanning, indexing, attaching case documents, andcreating andupdating casenotes.
Conduct or assist in on-the-job training of Financial Examiners/Analysts (I and II).
Perform other related duties and responsibilities, as required.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,candidates eligible for Veterans Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply.Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 57685773 westpalmbeach