Accounts Payable Specialist (9 applicants needed) - USI Construction Services (Jupiter, FL)
USI Construction Services is currently an Accounts Payable Specialist for the Boynton Beach, FL Branch.
- This position is responsible for accounts payable administration and check disbursements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in planning, organizing and coordinating activities of the accounts payable function to ensure accurate processing of subcontractor and vendor invoices.
- Match delivery tickets and requests for payment to original invoices and purchase orders; performs calculations to determine appropriate payment amounts, and make modifications as necessary.
- Ensure invoices coded to appropriate general ledger account or job task and step.
- Prepare invoice review packet.
- Obtain manager approvals as required and systematically track and follow up on invoices requiring approvals.
- Follow up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts, and serve as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries.
- May ensure subcontractors have proper and current insurance.
- May maintain logs, enter and balance account data, and generate statistical summary reports.
- Receive, research and resolve a variety of internal and external supplier inquiries concerning account status
- File paperwork in paid payables files.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Other ad hoc office tasks as needed including providing receptionist support.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum Two (2) years accounting experience
- Knowledge of standard accounts payable policies, procedures, and regulations Knowledge of general accounting principles Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to understand and interpret vendor invoices, statements, and other requests for payment Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Typing/keyboard skills of 40 wpm
- Self-directed, takes initiative in seeking efficiencies of processes; follow-through on implementation
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to handle several projects concurrently and to work in a team environment
- Customer service oriented; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Construction accounts payable experience
- Spanish Speaking
USI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Drug Free Workplace
USI is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
• Post ID: 51665598 westpalmbeach